salam to all.... alhamdulillah i'm back for now .. i've been abandoned my blog and my readers for a long time .. my apologies ..because i had something important to do.and i've been busy lately .and i didn't have much time to spend at my blog.. ok lah .. the last cake i baked last year hi3 .here you go... .coffee chiffon cake ..i've been keeping the pictures so i think, i need to update here.. i baked 2 cakes and gave these chiffon cake to my aunties.. i had baked once and the second time i bake because i want to give to my aunties.. they liked it ... because the texture was super soft even though i noticed that the aroma of coffee was not strong enough. later i will update about this recipe ..i think i need to search it back where i keep the recipe .. :D..
update!!!!!!! for the recipe.. ... Alhamdulillah the weather looks good today..after it's been raining almost 5 days... thanks for sharing this recipe ...it's my craziness to bake chiffon cake now ...
COFFEE CHIFFON CAKE
This is the original recipe from Alex Goh for your sampling, buy his baking books!
~ ~ ~
Coffee Chiffon Cake
4 egg yolks
1½ TBsp instant coffee
115 ml water
85 ml vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt
100 g sugar
150 g flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 egg whites
90 g sugar
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1. Mix (A) till well blended.
2. Whisk the egg whites in (B) till soft peaks appear, then add sugar and cream of tartar and continue to whip till stiff.
3. Mix (A) and (B) till well combines.
4. Bake at 175C for 40 minutes.
5. Immediately invert cake when remove from the oven and let it cool.
6. When cold remove it from the mould. Serve.